Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

The Stargazer Lounge

Last updated on 4 months ago
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
Mechwarrior of Davion, and, secretly, the Masked Mechbunny Charlotte Aznable. Just earlier today, she, as her Alter Ego, had ridden out with her repainted mech, Valiant, and had won the opening Medium Mech brawl at the request of a mysterious benefactor with ties to Wolf's Dragoons, the premier Mercenary Company in the Inner Sphere.

She cast her blue eyed gaze out the window to the sparkling lights of the Solaris City Skyline and swirled the Pinot Noir in her glass thoughtfully.
She was being offered a tempting position, a chance to join the Dragoons, but she had already done her time in the Fedcom military. Did she really want to be beholden to another chain of command? Be ordered about so soon after becoming a Free Lance. It was not an easy decision to make.
She sipped her wine, frowned, and looked out once more at the brilliant neon and winking motes far below, lost in thought.
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
A tad tipsy after a few drinks and a light dinner, Nicolette noted the Steiner Bitch had made an announcement, one largely full of noxious lies. The grand Alliance of Steiner and Davion seemed doomed to collapse, all for the ambition of one spoiled child. This announcement fouled her mood. She had just won a fantastic victory and had been offered a shot at joining Wolf's Dragoons. But now Katherine and her rampant secessionist tendancies had started a riot that Davion would be blamed for.
"So much for going out tonight." She mused bitterly as she worked on finishing off a bottle of wine herself, staring out the windows at the rioting below.
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
Toward the back of the room sat Bekwine Springs, looking disheveled, exhausted, and frankly, shit-faced; the neckline of her black floral dress mildly damp with liquor. Her gaggle of compatriots had left about an hour ago, leaving her to take advantage of the drink discount for overnight guests all by herself. She certainly couldn't complain. She slammed back her eighth—or no, was it her ninth?—shot of tequila and chased it with a large swig of an energy drink akin to battery acid. Riots were taking place on Solaris, big ones at that, and she planned on staying up all night watching them unfold. She had nothing better to do, after all. Besides, what a great opportunity to make some friends this was! Her already questionable inhibitions dulled, Beck hopped from her stool at the bar to find a seat with a better view, one quite close to a certain fanciful looking lady with her eyes affixed to the chaos on the streets.

"Well howwww-deeeee-doo!" said Beck with a gravelly lilt as she spun the exquisite dining chair backwards and sat down, resting her chin on its backrest. "Watchin' the fuckfest unfold, I see?"
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
The octave on that twang threatened to shatter the refined ears of Lady Nicolette Cordelia Montgomery and she visibly winced. The Knight cast a scowl at the uncouth woman who plopped down nearby and finished off her glass of wine before regarding her coldly with her azure glare.
"And you are entertaining a literal drinking problem I see." She stated to the intoxicated Periphery Mechwarrior, gesturing to her disheveled state and the stains on her dress's neckline. "A word of advice: This is an upper class lounge, not some frontier cantina. It would behoove you to have some bloody class."
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
"What? Oh, I'm not enner... en-ter-taining a drinking problem, miss," She slurred to the noblewoman. "That drinking problem entertains me." The plastered Bekwine shot a lone finger gun at Nicolette and missed completely, instead pointing out into the city skyline beyond the window. "Not quite sure if that made sense, if I'm being honest."
"Besides," Beck readjusted in her seat so that her left leg sat crossed over her right, with her head leaning against the backrest of the chair, angled toward Nicolette. "I'm filthy rich for the night. I can do what I want. And I wanna get drunk in a skyscraper and watch people beat each other up." She burped slightly, and laughed a bit at this. "What brings you here all on your lonesome, anyway?"
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
"Not "Miss"" Nicolette stated watching the drunk warily. "Lady. I am proper Nobility. Certainly not a mere commoner." She gestured to the window and the conflict beyond. "And I am certainly taking no pleasure in the madness going on out there." She wrinkled her nose at the other woman's burp and her amusement of it. "I had plans this evening, but unfortunately the Riots have made leaving the hotel inadvisable. So I thought to have a light meal and a drink. Unfortunately, my evening just seems to be going further and further downhill..."
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
"You seem pretty stressed about this, Miss Lady. It ain't like you can change the situation." Beck turned her glassy gaze to the situation on the streets below, catching out of the corner of her eye the silhouette of a Firestarter jumping a building, gone as soon as it appeared. In the faux-philosophical confidence only alcohol can foster, she continued: "No reason to be down and out about whatcha don't have, but there's plenty to be happy about up here." She gestured to the empty glass. "Like wine! I can see you like wine, and I can see you can definitely afford more of it." Beck sat up from her chair. "Loosen up a bit, yeah? First round's on meeee!~" she trilled playfully, motioning toward the bar in invitation.
Scarcer
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Scarcer#9769
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Boise
Lt. John Kleiman took a direct route to the hotel, based on what little information he had received earlier in the day regarding the woman's whereabouts, luckily most of the air traffic was heading off to a different area.

The vtol arrived at the roof of the Royal Hotel, touching down and with no time to waste, a security officer braved the barrage of water vapor firing from the slowing blades and made headway to the cockpit. Opening the cockpit, Kleiman greeted the guard "Hello" "Welcome sir, you have business here tonight?" "Yes sir, I need to check on my personnel" The guard immediately noticed Lt. Kleimans formal black and red formal officer cladding and knew better than to raise any concerns... like why was a Dragoon traveling in a Solaris Games vehicle... "Understood sir. I just need a name for our roster... you know with this war tonight, we have to run a tight..." "- Lt. John Kleiman, and yes I know."

"Thank you sir, lets get you inside where it's dry!" The security guard confirmed, taking point towards the entrance down from the roof access.

Kleiman made his way down to the upper building receptionist counter and approached it like the stick-up-the-ass officer he was. "Hello, I need you to call Lady Montgomery's room." "Uh sir you can't, I mean.. uh I can't give you that information." The young girl stuttered. John sighed "I didn't ask for that information, I just need you to call her room and let her know that Wolf Dragoons Lt. Kleiman is here to check on her..." "Uh okay... sure, wait here a moment."

A moment later the girl set the phone down and turned back: "Sir, she's not picking up. I apologize but there is nothing else I can do."

John wasn't Cpt. Sinnettes glorified aid for nothing... he put 2 and 2 together and figured that the young woman was somewhere in the hotel doing something recreational... or otherwise watching the riots. He continued down the main hallway down from the desk and towards the beautiful restaurant wing.

He walked in and dismissed the waiter that attempted to receive him and stepped down into the lounge, looking for any sign of "Mz Aznable." While the room was dark, his straight cut appearance and uniform couldn't be mistaken as he peered across.
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
"I think we are well past the 'First Round.'" Nicolette said, visibly annoyed that her noble title was being so lightly regarded.
Taking a sip of her own drink, Nicolette glanced at the man who just entered, a fellow clad in the red and black of Wolf's Dragoons. He seemed vaguely familar, but she couldn't put her finger on why. Getting back to her current "Drinking associate", the woman poured a bit more wine for herself and continued.
"Now, If you had any more, I daresay it would wind up on the carpet. Don't you have other 'friends' you can go be obnoxiously drunk around? Because I do not recall inviting your loud, unruly presence over to my table."
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
In the midst of thoroughly ignoring Miss Lady's berating, Beck also noticed the man who had just entered the Lounge. She saw an opportunity, and ran with it like a Fire Moth. ,"Oh, I most certainly do!" she said. "This here's my friend, uhm... Pete...rick. Pete-rick!" She motioned the man to join the conversation with a mischievous wink, stifling a snorty giggle. "Get th-" she barely flinched to let out a small hiccup. "-hell over here Peterick! It's been ages, man! Sit down, have a drink! We've got tequila—my treat—and uh, wine!" She picked up Miss Lady's bottle and struggled to read the print, then promptly gave up. "I don't know what it is, but it's her treat! Who ever turned down free booze, right?"
Scarcer
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Scarcer#9769
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Boise
The Dragoon officer's attention was caught by the intoxicated ramblings of the woman, was she calling him Peter-ick? None-the less Lt. Kleiman recognized the build of the woman next to her in the lime-light. "Easier than I expected" he murmured formally to himself.

The officer made his way over to them with a stern and professional expression, interrupting the name-calling to address the stuck up woman who while relaxed, appeared to be as guarded as ever.

He skipped the warm hello... if he even knew how to be casual that is... and went straight to business.

"Lt. John Kleiman of Zeta Battalion, Cpt. Sinnette commanded me to find you."

In Kleiman's social obscurity, the woman wasted in the next seat made him uneasy, while he had shared a drink or two in his day, he lacked the tactfulness to understand much less know how to relate or communicate with such an individual... being called out by a stranger, let alone calling him names?

Would this be something that a normal person would play a long with? Is she dangerous? Kleiman couldn't see any weapons on her from the corner of his stiff gaze.
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
Nicolette's sapphire gaze locked upon the Lieutenant as he introduced himself and explained the reason he had come. This was unexpected to say the least. Nicolette had not thought the Dragoons would come to her over this matter.
"Its late and there is a riot going on. What could the good Captain possibly want?" She asked, setting down her glass as the drunken woman nearby continued to make a scene. "Surely he doesn't expect me to get involved in this mess. I'm quite certain he knows the state of the Valiant at the moment."
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
Beck looked to the noblewoman, then to Kleiman. Her glazed eyes flashed wide for a moment. An officer, huh?

She switched position so her head was propped against her elbow on the table in front of her, angled to face a... confused, if not threatened-looking Kleiman. " 'Scuse me about that, if you will, El-Tee. Just a little bit sewered as shit, as I'm sure you can tell." She brandished the near-empty fifth of tequila in demonstration, in a particularly clumsy fashion. Her head proceeded to slip from its support and meet the table with a gentle slap. It didn't seem to faze her one bit.

"Something something Captain, is what I heard. Are y'all soldiers?" she asked, brow raised in suggestion.
Scarcer
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Scarcer#9769
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Boise
Kleiman continued-

"No mam, it appears youre in no shape to battle right now either. Captain entrusted me to ensure your security during this riot while you are considered for the roster. I agree with the Captain on his decision following your performance in the arena today."

Kleiman turned toward the intoxicated ebony as she attempted to address him formally. He winced, studying her behavior and speech as she plopped her head on the table.

"Wolf's Dragoons officer mam... you er. you should probably go to bed before you get sick."
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
"I believe you are mistaken, Leftenant." Nicolette stated, reclining a bit in her chair as she gestured to the nearest server. "I wouldn't be caught dead in an arena. Gladiatorial combat is beneath a noblewoman such as myself, and I won't have you spreading unsavory rumors. Debasing oneself before the drooling masses may be fine for Lyrians or the bumpkins of the Free World League, but a proper Davion Noble is a paragon of chivalry and nobility. Now, if you are going to be my shadow for the evening, I suppose I better ensure you are taken care of. Have you eaten?"
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
"Hmph. Didn't offer to feed me." said Beck, still resting her head on the table. "I don't sleep 'till I drop, and uh, food tends to help me drop." This time she tilted her head toward the noblewoman. "Care to get me out of your hair, Miss Lady?" she asked in a deadpan tone, making eye contact as she finished the last couple gulps at the bottom of her bottle and placed it back on the table next to her. "We can even talk about your rich friend here. Uh... rich in character, I mean."
Scarcer
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Scarcer#9769
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Boise
Kleiman responded in a stern and professional manner "You must be confused Lady Montgomery, I can't blame you for not being interested in the local entertainment. You know very well though that's not why I'm here."

Kleiman wasn't entirely pleased that he had to babysit the Cpt. out drinking earlier and now keep an eye on their new prospect being equally intoxicated. But duty was duty, especially when it came to Dragoon affairs and Delta Star was rapidly filling it's roster with it's recent activation, such as the sudden transfer of an unknown pilot from another regiment as well as Lady Montgomery if she chose signed on.

In contrast, the shitfaced woman in the next seat was propositioning him, maybe he really did have a stick up his ass as a professional or he had to maintain his position of respect to save face in front of Nicolette and not indulge in her friend's forthcoming attitude. At this point he hadn't realized that the two individuals were not in fact friends yet and Kleiman stood there studying the woman for a moment before acting on what he thought was the most stoic choice in the moment... given he wasn't sure what he truly would desire, would indulging feel right... even if he wasn't currently actively commissioned and on duty?

"S-Sorry, I have to decline." He muttered "Here, I want you two to order some food so you don't get sick... I've got the bill covered."
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
Nicolette's eyes bore into the Lieutenant like the beams of a laser.
"You must be in the Cavalry, Leftenant. You've arrived too late. I've already eaten, and were she to eat something it would probably just come right back up. Now, usually the proper thing to do when a Noble offers to buy you dinner, is to accept it. You don't immediately refuse the offer. On some worlds, that is akin to an insult. Fortunately for you, Leftenant, I happen to be in a forgiving mood."
When the server did come over, she gestured to Kleiman and Beck.
"Give the good Leftenant a menu and bring that one a coffee." She told the man before dismissing him. She frowned slightly as a realization sank in, and she cast her blue eyes towards the drunken mercenary.
"What exactly is your name? Assuming you're not so drunk as to have forgotten it." She asked of Beck.
Bekwine Springs
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    Nora#8058
  • Steam:
    Steam Profile Page
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Halifax
Beck laughed at Kleiman's awkward demeanor, then yelled to the server as he turned to bring the order back to the kitchen. "Two milk, two sugar please!"

She then flipped a peace sign to the noblewoman. "Thanks for the coffee Miss Lady. Name's Bekwine. But I think we're gonna become fast friends, so you can just call me Beck. Promise ya I'm cool enough to sit with you big shots. And I'll show you by eating every bit of food this guy orders me." She said with a partly-smushed smile, head still on the table. "And whatta they call you, Miss Lady?" she inquired. "Y'know, so I can stop calling you Miss Lady."
G
  • Contact Information
  • Discord:
    GangloSaxon#7775
  • Options
  • Timezone:
    Chicago
Nicolette rolled her eyes at Beck's terrible posture and her proclamation of them being "Fast Friends." She poured herself some more wine and sat up in her own chair.
"I am Lady Nicolette Cordelia Montgomery, Leftenant of the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, Champion of the Draconis March, Mechwarrior of the Inner Sphere, Knight Errant of House Montgomery, and daughter of Vicount Barnaby Williams Montgomery of the World of Iberna."
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.